Friday, April 18, 2008

I've never liked the Rolling Stones


17. Tony Sanchez "Up and Down with the Rolling Stones"
I am a fan of "The Dirt" and most of my friends know this. They understand my vice, my love of rock and roll biographies. They recommend what they've read and "Up and Down with the Rolling Stones" has been highly recommended. I still say "The Dirt" takes the cake.

The author was a friend of the band from the beginning and began to work for Keith Richards once his partner Anita and him needed a constant supply of heroin. Sanchez had access to the band and while it's nice to know who and how certain members slept with other members girlfriends, it gets boring fast.

Maybe you need to be a Stones fan. Maybe you need a romanticized version of rock and roll in the 60s. You need something that makes the Stones important. I do not have that thing.

I stand by my proclamation that "The Dirt" is the only rock and roll book you should read, regardless of your love of rock or roll.

No comments: