Monday, May 12, 2008

I want to believe (that you will get a girlfriend)


39. "Zeitgeist: The Movie"
Oh kids, you're so silly.

My students harassed me for months about this film. I gave in and we watched it for class. It made me sad.

There's a lot of writing on the internet about this "documentary." I used the quotes because, well, it's a piece of shit. Anyways, the film is about how everything is run by money, specifically a few families, 9/11 was planned by, well, that's not exactly clear and Bush's family is no different than Hitler's or Bin Laden's or Hussein's. All the evidence presented is anecdotal, the audio gets louder when "evidence" the filmmakers agree with is presented and, finally, there is no point. A new point is presented every other minute but they're never fleshed out. All in all, the thing is like watching every political You Tube video for 2 hours and believing everything, even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff.

Or that's what they want you to believe.

1 comment:

avant/chicago said...

I havent seen it, but I've heard it has almost racist or at least strong imperilisti leanings and is trying to convert us all to Chritianity! Sounds like great viewing ~