Friday, February 20, 2009

Yet another reason to teach children to read and not idolize Scarface


3. Robert Cooley with Hillel Levin "When Corruption Was King"
It's hard to believe anything Robert Cooley writes. He was a mob lawyer and true to form Irish American stereotype. His writing reeks of self mythologizing in the worst way. The stories he tells are obviously embellished, but they're the only reason to keep on reading. Cooley was a FBI informant yet refuses to admit any wrongdoing himself. The book read as a tell all without any regret. Good fluff, but unintentional.

Why did I finish this thing? It was difficult to follow any character and the characters (when I say character I mean real person but it's impossible to care about any of these people) I was able to follow I did not care about.

Why did I finish this thing?

No comments: