Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Bitch, blog, bitch

This thing is supposed to chronicle what it's like to put out a magazine. Sometimes it does touch upon said subject, sometimes not. The goal of this post is to tie together all the snippets in my life and show how everything in my life is now attached to The Machine.

I'm currently writing this in The Machine office. +

In the past week I've: sent out emails to some writers about deadlines, began layout on issue 2, edited issue 1 to stay current, added Google ads to the site, requested new printing quotes, compiled articles for issue 2, compiled art for issue 2, contacted photographers for shots, scheduled interviews...+

I got drunk on Friday, Saturday and Monday night. -

I did Machine work while drunk on Saturday and night. +

But I still don't have a full-time job, which means I can't print the magazine, which means we won't get ads for future issues. There is the dilemma. Unlike Nelly and Kelly Rowland's dilemma, I will not be able to be a guest on B.E.T.'s 106 and Park.

---

Slipknot is playing the Congress tonight and tomorrow night. The security guards keep trying to get in the office. Fuck Bucktown.

---

Kelsey and I saw "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" last night. It was pretty good. If all goes as planned we'll see "Gunner Palace" tonight. I'm trying to attend one happening a night for free. So far, so good.

---

I've got to get on the Blue Line now. If I wait any longer, I'll lose my transfer.

No comments: