Thursday, October 27, 2005

The week in review

The past week has been pretty fun, but not full of work.

We got a new printing quote, much better than the last one. Both issues should be out by the Empty Bottle show.

I’m all over the place on this one. I’ll try to start from last Friday.

Friday night was enjoyable, Kelsey, Merle, John and I had dinner at Lincoln Restaurant at a normal dinner hour. From there we went to the Mutiny to see Twin Wrecks the Memory. The group was great and by the time we left Kelsey and I had finally digested our wonderful meal. After hanging out in the Chicago version of CBGBs, we headed over to Pilsen for some party that Jason was at. The party was actually pretty good. I saw Micah (and his dick for the 100th time) and got intoxicated gratis. Since it was only 3 a.m. when we left, we decided to head back up north and stop at UnderBar. Rather than watch two 35-year olds make out outside, we went a few doors over to a different 5 a.m. bar. One drink in, we decided to head out. But we couldn’t find Jason. He had been kicked out for using the women’s bathroom. His cell phone was dead. Dale was pissed. Then Emerson, Jan and Dan from Hungry Brain got there. So we stayed til close. It was a long night.

Saturday wasn’t nearly as exciting, but was still fun. I watched the Sox game at The Machine and did layout work on issue 2. Both should be out (in print) by the Empty Bottle show. We have a month. Once the Sox won, Kelsey and I picked up Merle and John and headed over to the Old Chocolate Factory. Izom, the guys we rent from, were playing and we figured it we should check them out. They were awesome. None of us are big metal fans, but we know a good live act when we see one. They are a good live act. Once the keg was tapped (I realize I sound like a frat boy (Sorry, Mike)) we headed back to the office. John tried to fix Kelsey's computer and the rest of us listened to the Beach Boys, The Cars and M.I.A.

Sunday. Stuff happened Sunday. I don't remember what.

Rather than go to Carol's like we do every Monday night, Kelsey and I decided to try out Bingo at the California Clipper. Sarah and Emerson were there and it was a pleasant evening. We even got a Gwen Stefani poster for the office out of the trip (Thank you, Sarah).

Kelsey, Laura, Brian, Manny, Chris and some guy from Scotland watched the Sox game at Full Shilling, a bar across the street from Wrigley Field until the 10th inning. After not tipping enough (I ran out of $), we left and watched the rest of the game at Kelsey's. She passed out. I watched the longest game in World Series history.

The Sox won the World Series last night. I interviewed Canasta last night. Kelsey and I watched three episodes of "Arrested Development" last night.

I'm currently sitting at Kelsey's desk, trying to finish up a post I began 4-hours ago. Sarah is here, fixing up issue 1.

Post summary: I did stuff, I write like a pre-teen girl who just got back from an awesome mall trip.

No comments: