Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


73. "Meet Bill"
Aaron Eckhart is one of those actors that I'll watch in anything. I should stop doing that. "Meet Bill" didn't work. I wasted 90 minutes because I happen to like most of what I've seen of Eckhart.

Bill works in a bank. The band his father-in-law owns. His wife is sleeping with the local news anchor. Bill is stuck in a rut. He begins to mentor a free spirit kid that either wants to fuck Jessica Alba or just needs an excuse to wear women's underwear. Bill gets high, begins to eat better, possibly fucks Alba's friend and does other things that make his eyes open up to blah blah blah.

There's a lot of stuff in this film that could have worked. None of it did. Instead, you get a film that seems 'indie' in all the wrong ways.

No comments: