Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I could make this


30. "I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With"
I've wanted to see this film since I heard about in 2006. I like all the actresses in the film and I like to see Chicago on film. I'm glad I saw the film but it wasn't exactly what I expected.

Jeff Garland wrote, directed and stared in this 80-minute film. He's an overweight actor-comedian that lives at home with his mother in Chicago. He's single. He quits one of his jobs. He gets fired from another. He's a compulsive over eater. For some reason, Sarah Silverman's character gives the guy a shot. It doesn't end well but he does find possible love with Bonnie Hunt's character. It gives the viewer a hopeful ending.

I liked the film but expected to love it. It felt disjointed in places. It seemed like it wasn't all shot at once. Jokes that should have been great were only good. It felt odd so I decided to watch it with Garland's commentary. The film was shot in three sections. The film had three different financiers. The film wasn't completely in Chicago. The reasons I thought it was disjointed turned out to be true.

It's cute. A good date film. Hopefully Garland will get another shot to do something in Chicago again.

No comments: