Friday, February 26, 2010

I am the sucker


11. "Julie & Julia"
Nora Ephron is an awful writer. It's insufferable. A waste of great actors. Also, anyone over forty should not use the word blog or have a blog be a major plot point.

This movie sets back feminism.

Watching people laugh and eat food and laugh about eating food is boring.

I shouldn't write about films while watching them. I seem to want to toss this computer through the television. I want to do that now, around minute 40, because Julie can't kill a lobster. Three lobsters. And Talking Heads are playing. Fuck this. Fuck everything about this. I can not finish this thing without drinking and I don't want to drink.

The only thing that makes this worth watching are the performances of Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci. They're great, like always, like they were in "The Devil Wears Prada".

Amy Adams, why have you forsaken us? Don't you know budgets kill careers. Go back to the small sets of "Junebug" and "Doubt". We all know you're one of the best actors of this generation.

Oh, fuck this. Any movie that explains PayPal should not be watched. I'm done.

2 comments:

Amy Homesley said...

Despite having a different reaction to this movie, I loved reading your reaction!

Unknown said...

A good movie .. how content is written ..10/20 years .. still is a perfect.