Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'd like to use a word I feel wrong using

3. "The Wu-Tang Manual" by the RZA

The RZA is awesome. I want to be friends with the RZA. The Wu-Tang book is much, much better than the Manson book. Manson, you left me down. RZA, you are the man.

The manual covers a lot of ground. You learn about the groups fascination in kung-fu, the equipment RZA uses producing, what certain lines in certain songs actually mean, how and why you should dress like Wu-Tang, and my personal favorite, how RZA figured out how to get four major labels all working for the same group. The man knows his shit.

But if I met him, I'd probably tell how I'm shocked that he speaks so well. I like to see if they get the joke.

I'm watching the SNL that System of a Down played on. The first broadcast didn't bleep out fuck. Let's see if E! catches the error.

No comments: