Monday, January 09, 2006

The worlds only rock and roll talk show

Sound Opinions is a talk show about rock and roll. It's hosted by Jim Derogotis (Chicago Sun-Times) and Greg Kot (Chicago Tribune). The show used to be on WXRT but now it's on Chicago Public Radio. I was allowed to go in and interview the band a few years back. It was a learning experience. I liked Greg Kot, I thought Jim Derogotis is a dick. I'm listening to the show from last week and I still think Jim Derogotis is a dick. He's interviewing the singer from the Strokes who also sounds like a dick. The whole thing makes me weary of both radio and rock and roll.

The more I listen to this the more I hate Jim Derogotis. He asks "artists" softball questions and once they're out of the room he makes fun of them. He'll kiss ass for thirty minutes and then make it sound like they were kissing his ass for thirty minutes.

I saw him eat ham out of a deli package. It was right out of "Tommy Boy."

Greg Kot is a really nice guy. He knows his shit and listens when you talk. If every critic was like Kot, the music world would be a better place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought it was the reverse w/ these 2 - as far as dickishness goes - but i dont think either 1 knows their shit! Lots of pukes could talk "intelligently" about U2, Kayne West and Wilco - i guess that is part of the mainstream gig though. - flowfeel

Anonymous said...

I always thought it was the reverse w/ these 2 - as far as dickishness goes - but i dont think either 1 knows their shit! Lots of pukes could talk "intelligently" about U2, Kayne West and Wilco - i guess that is part of the mainstream gig though. - flowfeel