Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I prefer John Lydon the author to Johnny Rotten the front man

I’m in my office at the radio station waiting for my job interview call to come in. I’m sandwiched between my suitcase and a red bucket for kegs. There is nothing I can do that doesn’t make me anxious. I do not know why this is.

For the past month or so I’ve cut of friends. This hasn’t been intentional…I’ll be back.

---

I think it went well. If I get the job I’ll barely be in Chicago. Maybe I need to do this.

I just want to listen to…
Jack White “Never Far Away”
NOFX “You’re Wrong”
Iggy Pop “Tiny Girls”
The Strokes “Ask Me Anything”
Charlie Deets “My Tranquility Has Been Confiscayted”

The list should be longer. I’m not including anything too mainstream or boring out of fear. If everyone can understand it then it’s no good. I’ll never be hip. I’LL NEVER BE HIP. I won’t be able to do as many lines as you’d like me to. I can’t live with that.

I should have stayed with the same girl I was with at 18. Then I could read my books in peace.

No comments: