Friday, February 17, 2006

Part 3

Top 10 Nirvana Songs
1. "Serve the Servants" from "In Utero"
When I really got into this song I quit football. When Kurt Cobain really got into this song he killed himself. When Gavin Rossdale really got into this song he hired Steve Albini to produce "Razorblade Suitcase" and proceeded to disappear from music but become a famous husband. I still have a bigger rack than his wife.
2. "You Know You're Right" from "Nirvana"
This song was leaked in the fall of 2002. I put a link to it on my band's web page. I listened to it on repeat for hours at a time. That's a little odd.
3. "Polly" from "Nevermind"
This song appeas on four of the bands albums. If you count the box set, it's on more. Good for them. Revisiting a song about rape and torture has to be good for the soul.
4. "Verse Chorus Verse"
5. "Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle" from "In Utero"
One of my favorite songs and titles, but not my number one. That goes to "I Hate Myself And Want To Die." His suicide was such a shock. There were absolutely no clues.
6. "Do Re Mi"
The best reason to pick up the bands box set. Falsetto fun!
7. "D7"
8. "School"
On the "From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah" version it sounds like he sings "You're in med school again!" instead of "You're in high school again!" Did Kurt aspire to be a doctor? Probably not. Did he aspire to blow his head off with a shotgun? Hell yea!
9. "Love Buzz"
10. "Drain You"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we have the exact same taste in nirvana.