Monday, February 20, 2006

I'm glad you're alive


After more than a year and a half of no communication, I found my ex-girlfriend on myspace.

Melina moved to Greece in 2000. I saw her in 2003. I talked to her on the phone in the spring of 2004.

She's fine. Been with the same guy for almost three years. Lives with her grandmother. Still in college. Out of work but had a job for a while.

I used to worry about Melina. I'm not sure why but I felt like a big brother. She's fine. I'm the one that's stuck out here.

WHINE WHINE WHINE!!!

Things could be much worse. At least "Cry-Baby" is on.

I used to want to direct films. I still do. But it seems like a chore to watch a new film on television or DVD. It's too hard to escape my surroundings when starting something new, specifically if I know something about the film.

Oak Park won't be home for much longer and I'm grateful for that. If I get the union organiser position I should be living in Chicago by April. If I don't get the job and I'm still with my mother and not dead, we'll probably be in some other suburb. This is fine by me. It's good that Oak Park is close to everything but I can't stand living in the same room where I first had sex.


After stopping at the camera shop I took a new way back to the apartment. It looked like the photo. Except colder. Everything has that frozen look.

I almost forgot...

7. "Ordinary People" by Judith Guest

It's an American classic by most critic's standards. I do not agree. I'll try to sum it all up: mom is a cunt that needs to hug her child, father is a well-meaning guy that never really had a family so he doesn't want to disappoint the only one he's ever known and the kid is an uptight perfectionist that likes to blame himself over his brother's death. I didn't care about any of the characters and wished they would stop complaining and happily spend their North shore money. Maybe I would have liked the son more if he had decent music taste.

No comments: