Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Music with Meaning Night 22 Recap

Thanks to Jan from the Hungry Brain. Without her night 22 wouldn't have happened. After a debacle at the California Clipper (if you want to know the whole story ask me in person), Jan let us move to the Brain three hours before start-time.

Megan Stielstra read first and made me wish I used songs in my readings. Brent Kado read a poignent piece on the joys of riding the CTA. Jonathan Messinger got the bars attention when he compared himself to Michael Jackson. Andrew Huff presented a list of bands/books and bands/movies that only had me booing once. CT Ballentine read another excerpt from his novel and it was like poetry that doesn't suck. High Hawk played Americana music but was too loud. Their 'fans' were also really fucking loud.

Can't win'em all.

No comments: