Saturday, January 03, 2009

2008 Resolution Results, 2009 Resolutions

I watched 105 films and read 52 books (I didn't want to post reviews of the books until after last night's show). Good. Goal reached. I wrote 9 columns, well short of the goal of 52. 5 videos were completed, 1 short of the goal, which is the most disappointing failure since I have all the footage and have begun editing the 6th video. C'est la vie.

I achieved 75.2% of my 2008 New Year's Resolution. I shouldn't have added the column goal in June. I should have edited videos more consistently.

2009 Goals
Read 52 books
Watch 104 films
Make 52 episodes of You, Me, Them, Everybody
Finish "A Pink Gun on Layaway"
Write 182 pages of fiction

I'll make videos when I have video ideas. I'll write columns when I want to write columns.

The goals have nothing to do with 'work' because I'm trying to get a job I want, not try to apply for 365 positions. Once I get a job I want I'll still want to do the above goals. Therefore, getting a job isn't a 2009 resolution, it's a general life goal. The same goes for grad school.

I still watch too much TV.

No comments: