Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Transition


Due to work and applying for graduate school I haven't seen any new films, finished any new books, written much new fiction (maybe 6 pages) and haven't picked up a guitar in almost two weeks. It's cold outside. Too cold to work outside, which I do. I probably won't work outside tomorrow. I'll finish my grad school fiction and essays and to celebrate I'll watch films starring Clint Eastwood.

My grandfather looked like Clint Eastwood, just shorter and bigger muscles. He didn't speak a lot but when he did it commanded authority. He was a sheet metal worker, strong, with hands like worn, thick baseball mitts. His fingers were short and stubby. Mine are long. His had deep cuts due to machinery. He woke up at 5am to get to the site on time. I have cuts due to electric guitars. I pass out at 5am after shows. I still like watching Clint Eastwood.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Do you know about sheet metal works?


shear forming