Thursday, August 11, 2005

Drawing Restraint 9?

Who knew Bjork had a new album out? While opening radio station mail, I stumbled across a copy of a new film soundtrack that Bjork scored. Will Oldham sings on the first song. If I knew he worked with Bjork, I would've harassed him at Intonation.

There is no way anyone at WRDP is going to like this album.

I respect and admire Bjork. She's released commercially succesful albums and followed them up with throat singing. She may be crazy, but she's a good kind of crazy (that was not meant to be an obscure Scotland Yard Gospel Choir reference).

After listening to the soundtrack and reading about the film online, I'm still not quite sure what the film is about. It looks disturbing. That's good.

***

I now have a love/hate relationship with UR Chicago. They gave me some good press a few months back, but their current issue upsets me more than it should. Rather than write them and have the magazine reprint my letter, making me look unbalanced, I just bitch to everyone I know that their "experts" are just hacks who want to fuck guys in tight pants. If the guy plays the Empty Bottle or Hideout and manages to have on tight pants, it's even better.

No comments: