Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bad touch


24. "Deliver Us From Evil"
My mom told me on my first day of school to never go to the bathroom with a priest. She told me this at least once a week from three to eighteen. She didn't trust priests. She said they might want to touch me in my privates. I laughed off her paranoia for years. I still laugh it off. I wouldn't say she has been vindicated, but her reasoning became slightly more sound with more and more priest sexual abuse allegations.

This award winning documentary is a good intro into the Catholic Church's problems. As someone who has been surrounded by Catholicism I enjoyed the film. It didn't cater to the lowest common denominator nor did you have to have a knowledge of the church to sit through it. You may have to have a strong stomach.

An awful film for a first date. Other than that, watch anytime.

No comments: