Wednesday, March 04, 2009

I also have that song in my head



14. "Slumdog Millionaire"
It did deserve to win Best Picture. It was ambitious in scope, heart touching, tragic, comic, musical, beautiful, ugly, steeped in tradition and broke new ground. It did everything a great film should and more. And it had kids. Who doesn't love kids?

Boyle deserved Best Director. He has a kid falling through a 'toilet'. He had Ewan McGregor climb out of a toilet over a decade ago. He's come full circle.

The film may be the second to "Moulin Rouge" in its use of a previously released pop song with M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes".

My favorite use of subtitles. I didn't realize the film switched languages until an hour after leaving the theater.

Friends of mine didn't want to see this film once it garnered mainstream fans. I kind of understand this but don't agree. It's like not listening to Nirvana after "Bleach", you're the one missing out.

No comments: