Monday, March 23, 2009

Stab yourself in the eyes and ears


28. "Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show"
The worst movie I've seen since documenting movies I've seen. I did not finish the movie. I stopped after 18 minutes. I wanted to stop after 5. I could not finish this film without sedation in some way. If this movie was on while taking a nap I would dream of plagues.

Fuck you, Vince Vaughn. I now realize I did not ever really enjoy your work. I like "Swingers" because of Jon Favreau. "Old School" was funny because there wasn't that many good comedies being released at the time. "The Break-Up" was bearable because I like looking at Chicago on film. God damn, man. You fooled me.

Four comedians go on the road for thirty days. They play 1200 seat venues. Vince Vaughn is the MC. In the first ten minutes we learn that all the comedians fucking awful and cater to the lowest common denominator of comedy. And they complain. About dumb fucking shit. Fuck me.

I knew it would be bad yet I gave it a shot.

I will dream of plagues.

No comments: